Have you ever found yourself in a rut? Having a hard time getting motivated? Feeling like you’re spinning your wheels?
One of the most effective ways to create positive momentum in virtually every aspect of your life is by creating then achieving highly focused short-term goals. Just as successful businesses do, you need to make a 100 day plan. Here’s how you do it:
1. Set a goal – something that is exciting, meaningful and attainable
2. Map out the critical elements that have to fall into place for your goal to be realized, and the order in which they happen
3. Set a timeline with 100 days as your target completion date
4. Set the gears in motion. Stay focused – really focused. Progress from one critical element to the next. Stick to your schedule. Mark each day off on your calendar. Don’t allow yourself to get off track
5. If something doesn’t go as smoothly as it should – turn the burners on and get creative! Have a sense of urgency. You’re on a 100 day mission
You will be astounded at how fast the time goes, and how much you can accomplish in just a little over three months. You’ll be re-energized, more confident and motivated.
Shaun Belding is CEO of The Belding Group of Companies and has been consulting and speaking on customer experience, employee engagement and workplace performance for over 25 years